Friday, October 30, 2009

No contract extension for Brewer

-Brewer didn't sign an extension so he will be a restricted free agent at the end of the season. I'm sure the Jazz want him back, but I'm also sure they are thinking of getting a big star in the next draft with the Knicks pick. While they should take the best player available, I think there is a good chance that player will play at Brewer's position. It doesn't make sense to sign Brewer to a semi-large contract only to block a superstar. I hope Brewer comes back, but I can't blame the Jazz for playing the waiting game. That's my take on it at least.

-The biggest thing I noticed from the opening night loss was that it was exactly the same as most of our road losses from the year before. We play good, even lead after 3 quarters, then Deron sits at the start of the 4th quarter and the other team goes on a huge run and never looks back. Clearly this is part of opposing team's strategies. I think Sloan should rest Deron more in the 1st half and let Deron play the whole 4th quarter. Or at least change something up in his strict rotations.


No comments:

Post a Comment